I was born in Spain and moved to the UK over 25 years ago, settling in Sheffield where I have been living and working ever since.
I am passionate about my job, and I always feel privileged when I have the opportunity to work alongside somebody, seeing them grow, heal and overcome their own challenges. In other words, to see them make the changes they want to make.
My training as a counsellor has been built upon 15 years’ experience within the fields of Public Health and Community Development, with the last 7 spent working across several GP practices in Sheffield supporting adults with physical and mental health issues. Before training as a Counsellor, I also worked in the voluntary sector, supporting and advocating for people with disabilities and BME communities.
All this experience and knowledge have influenced my holistic approach to counselling. What this means for you is that I will support you and aim to empower you so that you achieve your own goals. In the process, I will take into account your personal circumstances.
As a bilingual person with a BA in Philology, I also have a personal interest in culture and languages, which I believe are intrinsically linked to our personal development and our identity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (The Academy: SPACE)
- MA in Public Health (University of Sheffield)
- Bereavement Support Training – Foundation Level and Face-to-Face Working (Cruse Bereavement Care)
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Training whilst working on the helpline at SRASAC (Sheffield Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre)
- BA in Philology (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
- As well as running my own private practice, I volunteer as a therapist at 2 charities: Share Psychotherapy and Cruse Bereavement.